20 FACTS ABOUT KISSING, SEX & ORGASMS
1. Men who kiss their partners before leaving for work average higher incomes than those who don’t.
2. Kissing is the ultimate workout to keep our facial muscles strong.
3. A passionate kiss can burn 5 or more calories. The longer and more passionate the kiss, the more calories burned.
4. Kissing improves our skin, helps circulation, prevents tooth decay, and relieves headaches.
5. Kissing releases the same neurotransmitters as parachuting, bungee jumping, and running.
6. Women may use kissing to evaluate a partner’s potential for a relationship. Men may use kissing as a means to increase the likelihood of sex.
7. Sex stimulates the brain and improves cognitive abilities. Princeton University found that even those who just had sex on their mind performed better on critical thinking exercises.
8. People who have sex exhibit lower blood pressure in stressful situations.
9. Sex stimulates the immune system. People who have sex once or twice a week enjoy greater levels of antibodies.
10. Sex reduces heart disease. Men who have sex at least twice a week can cut their risk of heart disease in half.
11. Sex helps you sleep better. The endorphins released during sex can make you feel more relaxed — and therefore help you sleep.
12. In heterosexual sex, women have about one orgasm for every three a man enjoys.
13. Women who sleep with women have almost as many orgasms as men who sleep with women.
14. Women have no problem experiencing orgasm through masturbation and take the same amount of time to reach it as men, but still report many fewer orgasms when they’re with a male partner.
15. Activities that create an orgasms for a man are what tend to count as “real sex,” whereas activities that are more likely to produce orgasms for women tend to be considered optional foreplay.
16. A woman’s focus on being sexy can lead to avoidance of orgasm because of the concern that her face or body might do something unattractive.
17. Women with the same openness to the sexual experience as men have nearly the same rate of orgasms as men.
18. Women can tell when a man only cares about his own orgasm. In University hook-ups, most women feel guilty expecting or asking for an orgasm from their partner. “The guy kind of expects to get off while the girl doesn’t expect anything.”
19. Women in relationships often feel very differently. “I know that he wants to make me happy and knowing that we are connected lets me know he cares.”
20. The Madonna - Whore mindset has shifted to a ‘Hookup’ vs. ‘Girlfriend’ mindset, but there is some indication that a woman’s pleasure is on the agenda and the orgasm gap is shrinking.
Orgasm research b